An old chronicle bears witness to the historical past and provides information about the changing owners of the manor Wessobrunn. The Benedictine monastery in the district of Weilheim, founded by the Bavarian duke Tassilo II in 753 AD, served as a summer
residence and winery for his monks. From 1803 laymen took over the manor, among others the widowed Countess Bentinsk from Thuringia and subsequently her daughter Countess Elisabeth Bentinsk.
From 1918 to 1945, the Italian state took over the ownership of the manor. After 1945, the residence was privatized. Wessobrunn was also a coffee house for a while. Both a Virgin Mary fresco and a fresco by the 13th Abbot B. Waltho are still existing.
The name Wessobrunn has been preserved to the present day and has been owned by the Mair family since 1972.